Have A Ball
Playing racquetball at the Village is a great way to spend time with friends while burning massive calories.
The Secret Sport
Those who play racquetball already know the benefits. It’s a fast, fun and healthy workout. Racquetball is one of the best kept fitness secrets on the planet.
What can racquetball do for you?
- Burn More Calories, Melt Fat: a 135 lb woman burns upwards of 250 calories playing racquetball for 30 minutes. Men burn more. Intense games can easily burn upwards of 400 calories every half hour.
- Improve Hand-To-Eye Coordination and Agility: Proprioception is enhanced while improving your agility and reaction time. Racquetball conditions your body to move with power and greater economy of motion.
- Build Functional Strength and Flatten Your Stomach: The game requires you to move across three dimensions which develops your core musculature. And because racquetball involves plenty of trunk rotation, it’s a killer on love handles.
- Reduce Stress and Tension: There’s nothing like bashing a little ball against a wall to get your aggression out. After a good game of racquetball you’ll feel more relaxed and stress free.
- Shape Your Thighs: All the lateral, side-to-side movement sculpts sleek thighs in ways machines just can’t.
- Cross-Training: Adding racquetball to your workouts will challenge your body in fresh ways and rejuvenate your results. The non-linear movement patterns you perform throughout a game can improve your timing and performance in practically any other sport.
- Socialize while getting a great workout: What’s better than having fun with friends and
getting in shape at the same time? Racquetball is easy to learn and a sport for almost any age or ability level. So you don’t need experience to start enjoying the benefits of playing from the moment you step on the court. Just call up a buddy and away you go.