Gainey Instructor of the Week: Alexis Rooftop Open Air Studio is a Huge Hit
10 Thing You Did Not Know About Lori
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Got offered (and accepted) a Wild Card entry into a professional tennis tournament. I didn’t make it into the main draw but it was a crazy experience!
- Do you prefer salty or sweet? Definitely sweets. I have a terrible sweet tooth!
- What’s your favorite vacation spot? Caribbean….St Thomas/St John
- Who is your favorite musical artist and do you play a lot of their music in your classes? Pitbull and YES, he is played in ALL of my classes.
- How many places have you lived in your life? Wow, where do I start? Buffalo, NY (2x); Medfield, MA; Midland, MI (2x); Louisville, KY; Grand Blanc, MI. I am finally somewhere WARM!
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs and cats. Do you have pets at home? Yes, I have 2 black and white kitties- Cookie and Pikachu, who are sisters.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Probably gym. I loved beating the boys in sports!
- Favorite restaurant in the Valley? Fresh Mint (Vegetarian)
- Favorite movie of all time? Grease. Now I love the movie, Pitch Perfect!
- My ideal day would be: Team teaching Zumba with my Zumba partner, Linda; going shopping and having lunch with my girlfriends; a little tennis with my hubby and boys in the afternoon; and then a romantic dinner out with Jim and a walk on the beach somewhere.
10 Fun Facts About Lori
- Proud Mom of 2 boys, CJ (19) and Cameron (14)
- Huge Michigan State University sports fan- my nephew (Andrew Maxwell) is the QB !!
- Played 4 years of Varsity tennis at Ferris State University (Big Rapids, MI) and was Academic All-American twice
- Former triathlete
- Married to my awesome husband, Jim, for 23 years!
- Love animals!
- Grew up in Buffalo, NY and absolutely hate cold weather and snow!
- I have my undergraduate degree in Marketing (Ferris State University) and my Masters Degree in Exercise Science (Central Michigan University)
- Worked at Dow Chemical Company for 10 years in marketing and sales
- Love to cook….